The most fear could happen to computer user nowadays is losing data. The data might be personal information, picture, banking information and health history.
The attacker which come in many forms such as virus, trojan, malware keeps increasing every day. According to market researcher Cybersecurity Ventures, the loss due to WannyCry ransomware recorded USD4billion which compromise 150 countries around the globe. It was a huge loss for the victim.
As we know, today viruses are not created for fun but it’s more to profit purposes. It was easy money behind the scene. It was fear of loss which leads computer user to do whatever necessary as long as the personal data remain safe.
Become a computer user, the preventive for security is essentials. Each machine which connected to Internet compulsory to have protection with minimum we should have is Antivirus program. There are lots of Antivirus on the market with tons of useful features.
Most Antivirus providers offer the free version with limited features. For more protection, users can opt for premium version which is paid version. So, in this articles, we will share Top 5 best free antivirus for 2018. Let’s roll out!
1. Avira Free Anvirus
Been download and installed more than 550 million worldwide, Avira has shown the greatest protection and popularity even on free version. Free antivirus comes with:
- Antivirus – as usual to scan and delete virus, trojan, malware, worm etc
- Real-time cloud scanning. It’s early warning system which analyze unknown file on Internet before reach to your computer. Some might called as Proactive Protection.
- Next-gen antivirus protection
- Stops ransomware
- Guarantees user privacy
You may download Avira Free Antivirus here.
With the tagline “free cyber security and anti-malware software”, Malwarebytes also offer robust protection to your computer. It’s also one of the best antivirus available on the market.
For Windows users at home, Malwarebytes equip with so-called four independent technology modules which are:
- Anti-malware module
- Malicious web protection
The main objective to block, remove and eliminate known and unknown threat on computer. By default, the free version ‘always on’ with Antivirus and Anti-Rootkit but not for other premium protection which will be expired after 14-days.
You are required to purchase for Real-time protection, Anti-exploit, Anti-ransomware and malicious web protection to enjoy the benefits. As for free version of Malwarebytes, the available module is sufficient for entry-level and basic protection.
You may download Malwarebytes Free Edition here.
3. AVG Antivirus Free
It offers fully loaded and refreshing simple. The basic features as antivirus program lead to the best top 5 antivirus available in the market. The features inside AVG Free Antivirus are:
- Real-time security update
- Scanning and eliminate threat causes by virus, worm, trojan etc
- Catches malicous download before reach computer user. Same with Proactive Protection
- Block unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments
- Scan for PC performance problems
Try AVG Free Antivirus by download here.
4. Avast Free Antivirus
Fast, light and powerful free protection. According to AV Comparative, this free antivirus by Avast recognized as 5 Advanced+ awards and the lowest impact on PC Performance.
It shows that Avast also capable with the best protection even in free version. The rich features offered by Avast also provide less hassle to computer user especially for hardcore users (gamers, programmer, web developer and designer). Some of the features are:
- Smart Analytic or we called Proactive Protection
- CyberCapture to analyze threat and suspicious file
- Wi-Fi inspector. This is good feature which able to detect weakness wireless connection at home and find the strangers on the network
- SmartScan – scanning for suspicious password and also out-of-date software
- Game Mode – games wont slow down because of antivirus because Avast and Windows will stop notifications and as the result will maintain game performance and speed.
Try Avast Free Antivirus by download here.
5. Windows Defender
If you are using Windows, by right you don’t need additional antivirus as Windows by default have ‘in-house’ antivirus called Windows Defender.
This version starts with Windows 8 and 10 operating system. Previous version antivirus was Microsoft Security Essentials. It offers basic protection such as:
- Scanning virus and threat
- Device Performance and Health
- Firewall and Network protection
- Applications and browser control
- Family option
To check Windows Defender on Windows 8.1 simple click on Windows Icon and search for Window Defender
Whatever you are doing on your computer, ensure to have protection with Antivirus software. It’s compulsory and essential today. In the virtual environment, nobody can guarantee your security while accessing the Internet.